Pages

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Problem with UCS Chassis after brownout

I wished I had time to troubleshoot this but I was on the road for a 4 hour drive to client's office when another client emailed me the following screenshot of UCSM after they experienced a brownout:


I got on the phone with him to tell him that he will need to wait until I get to a computer to review the logs but seeing how it's critical, contact Cisco support for the time being.

What ended up happening was that the support engineer immediately knew what was wrong and that he needed to re-seat the IOM modules. The explanation was that after a brownout, the components of UCS may not detect other components properly and in this case, didn't detect the chassis the way it should have. The support engineer mentioned that once a module is re-seated, it will kick off an initialization and begin detecting other related components.

No comments: