Pages

Monday, July 5, 2010

Rebooting the Cisco UCS 6100 Series Fabric Interconnect

I've thought long and hard about what I should have as my first post and couldn't quite decide on what to post so rather than trying to get too creative here, I'm going to post instructions on how to reboot the Cisco UCS 6100 fabric interconnect.

I'm not sure if anyone out there experienced the same issue I had when I first started working with the Cisco's UCS platform but I had a hard time figuring out how to reboot the fabric interconnect. I remember plowing through the documentation manual (CLI_Config_Guide_1_2_1.pdf) while searching for "reboot" and "restart" but couldn't seem to find the command. After spending 20 minutes trying to "google" it without being able to find the command, I gave up and went ahead to pull the power.

It was not until a month afterwards when I finally got to sit down, putty into the fabric, and going through the menus that I was able to find out. Hopefully something seemingly as trivial as this won't stump another person out there.

----------------------------

To reboot the fabric interconnect:


  1. Putty (SSH or Console Cable) into the fabric interconnect.
  2. Type "Connect local-mgmt", then enter.
  3. Type "reboot", then enter.

The commands above will reboot the fabric interconnect.

-----------------------------

Simple wasn't it? I recall seeing this in the manual somewhere but can never find it because searching for "Connect local-mgmt" yields plenty of hits.

-----------Update-----------

I recently sent these instructions to the client and he wasn't sure what Putty was so he called me to ask if he needed to console in with a cable or telnet so I've added (SSH or Console Cable) to step #1.

2 comments:

steve said...

nice~
Good post!

Anonymous said...

Great Post ..