Pages

Friday, May 20, 2011

Publishing a new Lync Server 2010 Standard Edition Server topology throws the error: “Error accessing share \\someServer.someDomain.com–Method failed with unexpected error code 2310..” & “Cannot create directory. The path is read only: \\someserver.someDomain.com\LyncShare\1-ApplicationServer-1\AppServerFiles”

I received a call the other day from an ex-colleague who had some issues with publishing a new Lync Server 2010 Standard Edition Server topology.  The first screen I saw as soon as I got desktop sharing up with him was the following:

image

The information provided in the window above wasn’t too helpful so I got him to click on the View Logs button to bring up the detailed logs for the topology publisher.  As I scrolled through the logs, I immediately saw the following errors:

Error: Error accessing share \\lyncstd.someDomain.com\LyncShare - Method failed with unexpected error code 2310..

Error: Cannot create directory. The path is read only: \\lyncstd.someDomain.com\LyncShare\1-ApplicationServer-1\AppServerFiles

Error: Cannot create directory. The path is read only: \\lyncstd.someDomain.com\LyncShare\1-ApplicationServer-1\AppServerFiles\CPS

Error: Cannot create directory. The path is read only: \\lyncstd.someDomain.com\LyncShare\1-ApplicationServer-1\AppServerFiles\Rgs


image

As some of you may probably have guessed, the first question I asked after seeing these errors was whether he had created the LyncShare folder on the server and not surprisingly, he didn’t.  What I ended up doing as I had control of the desktop was create the share on the server and republish the topology so that the sub folders such as 1-Application-1 would automatically created.

2 comments:

Dennis said...

Luk,
"create the share on the server" - what are this share should be right?

Terence Luk said...

In my example, it's create the "LyncShare" folder.