Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Applying permissions to public folders in Exchange 2010

I was recently ask by a client about how they could apply permissions for a specific user to all of their existing public folders without having to manually set them via Outlook.  The easy answer was that PowerShell could probably do it but since I don’t live and breath PowerShell on a daily basis, a bit a research and testing was required.  I know I’ll most likely get asked again in the future so just so I have something to reference to, I figure I’ll blog it:

Giving Access

Get-Publicfolder "\" -recurse | Add-PublicFolderClientPermission -User username -AccessRights Owner -Server serverName

Removing Access

Get-Publicfolder "\" -recurse | Add-PublicFolderClientPermission -User username -AccessRights None -Server serverName

For more information about the Get-Publicfolder cmdlet, see the following article: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124743.aspx

No comments: